Monday, June 14, 2010

day one fun








first day going well so far. Woke up around 630… but working on getting acclimated. I am going to eat my stomach into tolerance. Had a rough start yesterday, but this morning is going great. first interview with Franz, an amazing company who deals in porcelin. They wouldn’t let us video interview them, but their collections were outstanding!!! We also met Ping’s in-laws who are so nice, and wealthy, they keep showing us the jewelry in their shop- truly first class things, leaves me feeling a little ridiculous being surrounded by so many shiny things.
Hot pot lunch, a warm muggy day, and now some downtime… maybe hit the gym to work off the huge lunch which included a dipping sauce self serve station with raw eggs which I just had to sample… when in rome right! But then we walked back to the jewelry store which has sort of become our makeshift home base, and were offered some traditional Taiwanese “cookie”, much like mooncake with bits of salted meat in it. Maj, you and popie, and all the yee women would have loved the porceline store- we’re going to check out their restaurant this Saturday night hopefully for some dinner and music!
Dads, you would have loved the hot pot, it was like 9 dollars and I am sneakily full.
Also, I finished my book on the plane and am tempted to wait until the return flight to start in on my other, but if anyone has read The Hunger Games let me know so we can discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment